This mailer was sent out at 11:48 on Monday 15 August 2022
If you have already implemented these changes or are using a Peach plugin (Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and/or Wix) please ignore this notification. If you have a custom integration using our Copy and Pay, and/or server-to-server, and/or our Mobile SDK API please implement the Payments Association of South Africa (PASA) mandated changes outlined below.
This is a final reminder to please urgently update your endpoint URL for all your API calls to Peach as we approach the hard cut-off date of 18 August 2022.
At Peach Payments, we strive to continuously provide world-class, leading payments infrastructure that offers a secure and seamless experience for our merchants and their customers.
One of the major initiatives that we are currently undertaking (in line with global payment standards) is switching over our merchants to the VISA and Mastercard mandated 3D Secure Version 2 authentication flow.
This mandated switchover requires our merchants to implement certain changes to their API calls.
What action is required from You/The Merchant?
- URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: Change of API Endpoint URL for Improved Security
- This entails changing the endpoint of a requests sent to Peach (both POST and GET requests)
- MID-SEPTEMBER DEADLINE: COF - Credentials On File API - Peach Payments (For Merchants who do Recurring/Subscription Payments)
- This requires parameter changes and with regards to how cards are tokenised and how those tokens are charged.
Why is this now a requirement?
- With the rapid growth of eCommerce and the subsequent increase in volumes of stored card transactions, VISA and Mastercard have rolled out new mandates which pertain to how cardholders’ payment credentials (i.e. account details) are stored for future purchases.
- Part of this mandate includes the switch to 3D Secure 2 (3DS2) Security Protocol
- More on 3DS2 here
- The longer the merchant takes to implement, the higher likelihood of receiving chargebacks.
- Please urgently implement the Endpoint Changes
- The CoF changes are not as urgent but recommended to please implement these changes as soon as possible as this deadline is fast approaching (September)
Thank You for using Peach Payments as a Payment Gateway.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Peach Payments Support
Contact us at email@example.com