In South Africa all transactions are mandated by PASA (Payments Association of South Africa) to go through a 3D Secure process to authenticate the payment in question for compliance and security reasons
- We have seen that some issued overseas cards do not have 3DS implemented/active on the card and therefore this leads to failures through Peach
- When the customer enters their card details, that card widget is PCI (Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council) compliant via Peach Payments
- The customer then clicks on Pay Now button, this redirects to the customers bank to handle the OTP or in-app Banking app authentication of the transaction.
- If the user does not authenticate the transaction, the OTP expires, the checkout window to authenticate the transaction expires and the payment fails.
The reason for this process to expire the transaction is for security reasons which are mandated by PCI compliance from the customers bank.
We are in the process of rolling out 3D Security Version 2 which seeks to improve successful % conversions:
- 3DS2 adds new risk and compliance mitigation measures which will allow non-3DS enrolled cards to complete transactions through Peach provided certain risk and compliance requirements are met by the customers card/account.
- 3D Secure FAQ's
- 3D Secure 2.0
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance - Copy and Pay | Server to Server | Mobile SDK