If you use Tokenization and have a custom integration using our Copy and Pay, and/or server-to-server, and/or our Mobile SDK API please see below 2 important Payments Association of South Africa (PASA) mandated changes outlined below with regards to Tokenisation and Recurring Payments.
Dear valued Peach merchant
This email serves as a reminder around the below two important Card Scheme (VISA and MASTERCARD) mandated changes:
Introducing the Acquirer Merchant Advice Code (MAC) Transaction Processing Excellence Program – Middle East/ Africa Region
Excessive Authorization Attempts Transaction Processing Excellence program
1. Introducing the Acquirer Merchant Advice Code (MAC) Transaction Processing Excellence Program – Middle East/ Africa Region
The schemes have introduced monitoring and rules regarding multiple debits on card/account that are permanently restricted for example: account closed/card stopped or blocked, fraud. Before the schemes apply penalties (at their discretion) we are hoping to help you identify these transactions.
- 800.100.165 - transaction declined (card lost)
- 800.100.202 / 800.200.202 - account closed
- 800.200.208 - account or user is blacklisted (account blocked)
- 800.200.159 - account or user is blacklisted (card stolen)
- 800.200.220 - account or user is blacklisted (fraudulent transaction)
- 800.100.159 - account or user is blacklisted (card stolen)
- 800.100.160 - account or user is blacklisted (card blocked)
- 800.100.161 - transaction declined (too many invalid tries)
- 800.303.101 – blacklisted due to multiple invalid attempts
Ask yourself: Should I continue to attempt to debit a card that will not accept debits
You will need to: Identify these and remove them when you run subsequent debits. We would recommend that you identify these after each run so that you can remove these transactions proactively.
- Save on cost of reattempt
- Early detection of closed or blocked accounts- obtain new card from card holder/customer
Attached the scheme mandate relevant to this change:
Peach Support Article: Automatic Blacklisting of account/user - 800.300.101
2. Excessive Authorization Attempts Transaction Processing Excellence program
The Card Schemes (VISA and MASTERCARD) have implemented a global Transaction Processing Excellence (TPE) program fee for excessive account testing of a single account number, from the same card acceptor, within a 24-hour period. The fee is assessed weekly for each authorization after 10 previously issuer declined attempts on the same account.
The purpose of the TPE programs and platform is to identify unfavourable transaction processing behaviour trends and drive positive processing behaviour change resulting in a more seamless network experience for all parties involved.
What does this mean for You/The Merchant?
- Are we attempting to process excessive debits to a single card (unsuccessfully)
- What are the reasons for decline/rejection? Is it necessary to obtain new card details from the card holder or cancel/suspend a service
What is required:
- Article: AN 2221 Introducing Transaction Processing Excellence and New Programs in the Middle East/Africa Region
Other Important Credential on File (CoF) related Card Scheme Mandated Updates: