This article shows how to charge a card manually once you have a stored card, via the Peach Payments merchant dashboard (BIP)
Peach payments tokenisation solution allows for merchants to store customer's card details securely, to enable recurring and single-click payments workflows.
Collect the card details from the customer, store a unique, secure token against the customer's profile, and then reference that secure token, when you want to debit or charge the customer.
How it works
- Collect the card details
- Create a token
- Store the token
- Charge the token once payment is due
To charge the stored card manually in the BIP (merchant dashboard)
IMPORTANT – PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CUSTOMER’s APPROVAL TO PERFORM THIS CHARGE OTHERWISE THIS MAY RESULT IN A CHARGEBACK / DISPUTE.
- Login to the BIP
- Click on the customer’s transaction (any transaction - this doesn't have to be the original/ transaction)
- A new window will open up with the customer’s details
- Click on the Action tab in the window you just opened in Step 2 (see blue circles in Figure 1 below)
- Look for the Row where the TYPE column says “RG” (see blue circle)
- NB! If the "RG" does not exist then you are NOT able to charge as the card was not registered
- If an "RG" does exist, then click on the Date and the page will refresh with the Registration specific information/data
- Now the window will look like the screenshot below
- Enter the Amount you would like to charge the customer
- Enter Currency as ZAR
- Click on the Debit button
- In the window that opens here please select: Recurrence mode as “REPEATED”
- Click on Submit to process the charge