WHAT MERCHANT ASKED :
Could you advise us on how we can get the payment fee for PayPal payments.
For example, if we used PayPal's API directly, we would use this function:
By "payment fee" we are referring to : FEEAMT - PayPal fee amount charged for the transaction.
There are two possible ways merchant can get this done :
1. We can enable on our side for merchant to receive the 17- character PayPal transaction ID in the payload returned to their systems. We'd need to test to ensure that this works as should. You can then use this transaction ID to query the PayPal API for the fee details.
2. If the above doesn’t work, merchant can first query our system for the particular transaction using our XML query API. This will return an XML dump which includes the <ConnectorTxId>. Merchant can then use this transaction ID to query the PayPal API for the fee details.
SETTING UP IN THE BIP
Enable merchant to receive 17- character PayPal transaction ID
We enable the merchant to have access to the connector information which includes the transaction ID
HOW MERCHANT CAN TEST :
1. Merchant creates a checkout
2. Select to pay via PayPal ; This will redirect the shopper to the PayPal website to authenticate and complete
3. Enter TEST PayPal account details :
- email ID - email@example.com
- Password - 12345678
4. Complete the payment - The payment response should contain the Transaction ID which can now be used to query the PayPal API, for the FEEAMT
Please note that this will only work in testMode = EXTERNAL