This article shows how to charge a card manually once you have a stored card, via the Peach payments merchant dashboard (BIP).
Peach payments tokenisation solution allows for merchants to store customer's card details securely, to enable recurring and single-click payments workflows.
You can either use your own bespoke platform (website or app) or use our Peach Payments PaySafe platform, to collect the card details from the customer, store a unique, secure token against the customer's profile and then reference that secure token, when you want to debit or charge the customer.
How it works
- Collect the card details (via a bespoke platform or get this out-the-box with PaySafe)
- Create a token*
- Store the token*
- Charge the token once payment is due
*Not required if using PaySafe. This is handled without any development work, by the PaySafe platform, if function is enabled.
To charge the stored card manually in the BIP (merchant dashboard)
IMPORTANT – PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CUSTOMER’s APPROVAL TO PERFORM THIS CHARGE OTHERWISE THIS MAY RESULT IN A CHARGEBACK / DISPUTE.
- Login to the BIP
- Click on the customer’s transaction (any transaction)
- A new window will open up with the customer’s details
- Click on the Action tab (see RED circles in Figure 1 below)
- Look for the Row where the TYPE column says “RG”
- If this does not exist then you are NOT able to charge
- If it does exist, then click on the Date and the page will refresh
- Now the window will look like the screenshot below
- Enter Amount you would like to charge the customer
- Enter Currency as ZAR
- Click on the Debit button
- In the window that opens here please select: Recurrence mode as “REPEATED”
- Click on Submit to process the charge