Orders are created when a customer completes the checkout process, and they are visible by Admin and Shop Manager users only. Each order is given a unique Order ID. An Order also has a Status. Order statuses let you know how far along the order is, starting with Pending and ending with Complete. The following Order statuses are used:
- Pending payment – Order received (unpaid)
- Failed – Payment failed or was declined (unpaid). Note that this status may not show immediately and instead show as Pending until verified (i.e., PayPal)
- Processing – Payment received and stock has been reduced – the order is awaiting fulfillment. All product orders require processing, except those that only contain products which are both Virtual and Downloadable.
- Completed – Order fulfilled and complete – requires no further action
- On-Hold – Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but you need to confirm payment
- Cancelled – Cancelled by an admin or the customer – no further action required (Cancelling an order does not affect stock quantity by default)
- Refunded – Refunded by an admin – no further action required
Diagram of order statuses
When you start taking orders, the Orders management page begins to fill up. View these at: WooCommerce > Orders.
Each row displays useful details, such as order number and customer name, date of purchase, order status, shipping address, and purchase total.