This article gives merchant some more information on common transaction declined status codes and reasons, to help understand why transactions have not been successful
To see if a charge transaction was successful you can view the transactions with Payment Type - DB.
Click on the DB transaction and view the "summary" information, to find the return code
Return codes and typical explanation of failures
|800.100.152||Transaction declined by authorization system||This is a decline at the bank and we would need to look at each of the affected transactions to see if the logs will give us a bit more information on the specific reason. With this error the bank has declined the transaction and this is not due to yours or our systems. The customer would need to find out from their bank why their eCommerce transaction has failed. In our experience the following are the common reasons:
1. Insufficient funds
2. Risk system of issuing bank
3. Risk system of acquiring bank
4. Other technical reasons including that the card is not enabled for online transactions
|100.380.401||User Authentication Failed||The user may have entered an incorrect OTP. This return code always signifies that the bank's system was unable to authenticate the user|
|100.396.103||Previously pending transaction timed out||The registration transaction was not authenticated and timed out. The debit references the registration token and hence this may also fail|
|100.390.112||Technical Error in 3D system||This occurs when there is an error with the 3DSecure process at the bank. It could be that their 3DSecure system was down at the time|
|Risk management transaction timeout||The customer probably did not enter their OTP or possibly did not get shown the 3Dsecure page because something on the customer's browser was blocking the 3DSecure page from loading|
Transaction types below -
- PA, Preauthorization: A stand-alone authorisation that will also trigger optional risk management and validation. A Capture (CP) with reference to the Preauthorisation (PA) will confirm the payment..
- DB, Debit: Debits the account of the end customer and credits the merchant account.
- CD, Credit: Credits the account of the end customer and debits the merchant account. (Contact Peach payments on availability of this payment type with the acquirer / merchant account)
- CP, Capture: Captures a preauthorized (PA) amount.
- RV, Reversal: Reverses an already processed Preauthorization (PA), Debit (DB) or Credit (CD) transaction. As a consequence, the end customer will never see any booking on his statement. A Reversal is only possible until a connector specific cut-off time. Some connectors don't support Reversals.
- RF, Refund: Credits the account of the end customer with a reference to a prior Debit (DB) or Credit (CD) transaction. The end customer will always see two bookings on his statement. Some connectors do not support Refunds.