Peach payments offers PayPal integration on our systems, however there is there is one restriction with PayPal and Woocommerce.
- Woocommerce only allows one primary currency (standard Woocommerce)
- SARB requires ZAR as currency for card payments and hence this needs to be set to ZAR
- Paypal does not allow ZAR as primary currency
Other considerations with PayPal in South Africa :
- PayPal is relatively expensive for South African processing: With PayPal you would potentially pay 3.9% + USD 0.45 for processing
- Fund withdrawal costs another 1.5% paid to FNB