Your customer has purchased subscription in the past. Their order fails because the card that has been saved for billing has expired.
Adding a new card to profile will be supported on our in-house Peach payments plugin (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
For the WooThemes Peach payments plugin, please see how to achieve this below:
Two options available to allow the customer to add a new card and continue their subscription with your business :
OPTION 1 - Customer initiated
- Customer can purchase a new subscription and checkout with the new card details.
- Customer or admin can then cancel the old order
- Customer can also delete the old card from "My Account"
- Customer can click on cancel subscription
- A resubscribe button is now available - Click on Resubscribe
- This now allows the customer to checkout with a new card
In both cases, admin must please check to make sure the customer's order metadata is updated with the customer's new stored card token
it will allow you to update the hidden meta
Log into the Peach Payment BIP and search for the customer's order (Please be sure to select the customer's NEW ORDER since this will have the new stored card token (The token is the unique ID for the customer's RG transaction - their stored card token)
The below custom meta data needs to store the unique ID of the RG transaction
_peach_payment_token (if available)
OPTION 2 - Admin initiated (less customer involvement)
- Once a customer's card expires, the admin can search in the wordpress subscriptions for the customer's subscription order. (Woocommerce --> subscriptions)
- Click on the subscription order ID to edit the customer's subscription.
- Go to the Subscriptions Actions panel at the right corner of the page
- From the drop down, select "create pending renewal order"
- This will put the subscription on hold and will offer a "pay" option next the the subscription in "My Account" for the customer to checkout with the new card.
Additional info here :